Friday, September 30, 2011

Something New

Well I tried the whole blogging thing before and it did not work out for long! Hopefully this time I will do better.
I tend to feel weird talking about random things that happen through out my day, but who cares!

With the end of my masters approaching quickly I have been trying to save all the pennies I can so I have a good bit saved up to start paying back those horrible student loans that I couldn't escape. Needless to say, that means that I don't get to:
  1.  Try very many new things
  2. Buy new clothes or
  3. Purchase new books to read
In the last week of so I've done all three!!

Try New Things!
So, I'm not a very trendy person. The whole 'hair feather' things...
yeah they weird me out. And all these new fancy nail polishes and nail decorations...
not really a desire of mine. The other week my wonderful and amazing friend Rebekah showed me her new nail polish at Chi Alpha's WNW (Wednesday Night Worship service). I thought it was pretty cool but didn't think much of it. Well I have to travel twice a week for physcial therapy and found myself killing time in a CVS.
I blame this purchase on emotional shopping but I wasted, I mean spent some money on a bottle of this Crackle Overcoat. I tried it out tonight and I'm not very happy about it.

I thought it would be cool, but it just ended up being ugly and not very professional so it will definitely be coming off before Monday. I have this thing with matching and symmetry so the one random crack down one nail and the 3 cracks down the other is kind of bothering me and I JUST put it on! As for my bottle of nail polish... its a dark blue and up for grabs, preferably to someone in Troy or close by because I'm not mailing it!!
*Ignore my ugly fingers!*


New Clothes :)
New clothes are a must when your work pants give out! I wanted a pair of really cute black slack but knew I couldn't pay much. Ross is a hit or miss store but I totally hit a jack pot! Last weekend was filled with a fabulous time in Auburn with my boyfriend and ended with an overdue shopping trip! This excited me... until I went to start a load of laundry tonight and realized that they are DRY CLEAN ONLY!

*Note to Self: Read Clothes Tags Before Purchasing* Guess all good things come at a cost. 

Does anyone know how long one can go without taking it to the dry cleaners?!
 I take them off as soon as I get home  :-/
So far both of my adventures started good but didn't end so great. Though I am currently rocking the crackle nail polish for the weekend (probably because I'm too lazy to take it off tonight) and have a great pair of pants that will just take more maintenance than I care for.

New Books!
Reading is a fairly new hobby of mine. I do however like to collect the books that I really like, so buying new books (or at least new to me) excites me! Even though I haven't BOUGHT any new books lately, I do have some amazing friends who are lending me their books to read! The one and only Andrea Rowe let me borrow Red Letters by Tom Davis!
So far I'm LOVING it!!!
 *This book by the way leads to a completely different event in my life happening which will soon come in another blog!*

Cover reads:
"In many Bibles, Christ's words are set apart with red letters. This distinction reminds us that when God becomes Man and speaks, it's probably something we cannot afford to miss. So why doesn't the church take these 'red letters' to heart? Why aren't we being Christ's hand and feet to the poor, the disenfranchised, the weary, the ill, the fatherless, the prisoners? Why has the church shrinked its responsibilities, leaving the work to be done by governments, rock stars, and celebrities? The gospel wasn't only meant to be read--it was meant to be lived. From the HIV crisis in Africa to a single abused and lonely child in Russia, the church must seize the opportunity to serve with a radical, reckless abandon. Author Tom Davis offers both challenge and encouragement to get involved in an increasingly interconnected, desperate modern world."

Quickly growing reading list:
Please comment and add any that you recommend!
I'm pledging to myself to read a book a week, for sure during Thanksgiving and Christmas break, but not sure when else.

1. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy With God in the Busyness of Life... by Joanna Weaver
2. Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit... by Francis Chan
3. I have one more than my boss's daughter told me about but I can't remember the name of it... details to come later!


No comments:

Post a Comment